Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dress Details


To make the dress really work, I overlaid the string for the halter-tie with a newspaper braid which I made. I did two separate pieces which have a clasp at the end to secure. I really liked how this unified the dress, and recreated the braided belt look below


For this midsection of the dress, I made a newspaper braid, again, in two sections, which begin on either side of the flowers and end in the back where the dress laces up. The flowers are made up of rolled newspaper sections that were secured with mod podge.
 

This is a sample of an area to which I applied gel transfers. The color adds to the vintage appeal, as does the imperfect quality of the transfer; the paper fibers are not rubbed off all the way. 

Pictures of the finished dress being modeled will soon be up.

No comments:

Post a Comment